Thursday, December 31, 2009

Best Year of My Life

Last year, I was glad to say goodbye to 2008 with hope in my heart and my tummy for a great 2009.  And 2009 did not disappoint...it was by far the best year of my life.  Sure there were trials like bedrest for six weeks, but I only look back on that time with the fondest of memories. I absolutely loved being pregnant with Henry.  It was such a precious time.  And of course the highlight of this year and my life was the birth of Henry.  We just love him to pieces.  There are times where we just have to pinch ourselves because we can't believe that Henry is our son and how blessed we are to have him in our lives.  Shaun and I had a moment like that the other day riding in the car.  Shaun looked back in the rear view mirror, and Henry was completely out asleep (we have a mirror so we can see him).  "Just look at him," he said with obvious amazement in his voice.  I looked back and just took a moment to see him sitting there with his chunky cheeks asleep with his head over to one side.  I can't describe the joy that filled my heart.

This year might have been full of trials for you.  It could have been the worst year of your life (like my 2008), but rest in the knowledge that we serve a most faithful and sovereign God.  Our timing isn't always His timing, but His timing is always perfect.  2009 wouldn't have been so sweet without the trials of 2007 and 2008.  So I raise my glass to all of you my sweet readers who have been there through the good and bad and who have treated me (a complete stranger!) as one of your good friends.  Praying that 2010 will be a most precious year for all of you!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so glad that 2009 was a blessed year for you! I hope every year from here on is just as sweet with your precious family!

Lauren said...

Happy new year, girl! :)

Amanda said...

the Lord does know what's best for us. and even if we may not be able to physically have a child, we will have a child one day. and we will understand why we have gone through what we have. it may take time to figure it out, but it will come.

happy new year!! yay baby henry!!