It is absolutely unbelievable to me how fast the weeks are going by right now! I can't believe we are only two weeks away from full-term :) (although I bet I will still be going into labor closer to my due date). It is starting to feel more and more real that I'm about to get to meet this sweet baby girl, and I couldn't be more excited! I can't wait to labor....can't wait to hold her...can't wait to see her....can't wait to feel her soft skin. My belly must be huge because I'm getting stopped now everywhere I go and everyone that talks to me thinks that I'm due any day. Their eyes get huge when I tell them that I'm due at the end of July :). I wonder what the reactions will be when I'm actually out in public at the end of july :). Oh my...I can only imagine. I'm definitely at the uncomfortable stage now, but I'm still treasuring every moment as I really love, love being pregnant.
I'm hoping to post a few more blog posts this week with pics (including a few bump photos) and an update on my sweet Henry (almost 2...wow!!!!) since I have some time as we are here at my parent's house in AL to recharge for a few days. I really appreciate all of the kind and encouraging words on my last post. It has been a very hard month as you can imagine, but God is so good. He has provided all of our needs (and more!), and we are so very encouraged. We are constantly blown away by the generosity of our friends, church family, and family. We have already learned so much through this experience. Every plan that I had in place (and I had a lot!) at the beginning of May has totally changed. In fact, the one little plan that I was soooo happy to still have in place (my dr)...just changed today. Today (on a Sunday afternoon...imagine how surprised I was to get this call) my dr called me to let me know that she was part of a large l.ayoff this past week. I have the option to be "transferred" to a random ob that I know nothing about, but I'm really not willing to do that for obvious reasons so I'm going to have to do my research and pray that I'm able to find a good natural childbirth friendly doctor with decent backups. I'm really sad because I really liked my dr. She really listened to what we desire for our birth, and we both made sure that we were on the same page with my birth plan. I'm honestly not asking for much in my birth plan (will post it soon), but you would be surprised how hard it is to find an ob in my area who is willing to even let you go a day/week past your due date or to just have a heplock instead of an IV or to have intermittent monitoring (as the ACOG actually recommends for low-risk l&d). All of these things and a few more on my birth plan are completely standard and can be backed by medical research that they are best for mom and baby.
So literally every single plan from big to small that I have made in the last few months has changed. But there is peace in knowing that God does have a plan and that He is in control. Will keep y'all updated :).
Sunday, June 19, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Praying for you and your family. I miss reading your updates! Can't wait to see pictures!
Wow, baby Kate will be here in the blink of an eye! So glad your pregnancy is going well. I hope you find a supportive OB, I know how that is key to your success, good luck Courtney!
Oh so sorry you have to change OBs! My OB from Austins birth moved away and I was upset about it too!
Come have a baby at my hospital! We'll only monitor you 20 min out of each hour and no running fluids!! I work with family practice doctors that deliver... Maybe they are less invasive than actual OBs...
Praying for y'all! Hope the next few weeks are peaceful before the arrival of baby Kate!
So glad to hear that things are a bit better. Please let me know if there is anything I can do (and I mean that!) I can't believe you're so close now. Squuueee! So exciting! You guys will be in my prayers.
Post a Comment