Friday, June 24, 2011

A little update :)

Just wanted to let y'all know that I did find a new ob that I'm hoping I'm going to like very much.  My first appt with her is this wednesday afternoon (36 weeks!!!) so I'm looking forward to meeting her.  My friend gave me a really great idea that I honestly had not even thought about doing until she mentioned it.  This is one of those tips that I know I will be using for doula clients in the future.  She knows a l&d nurse at the very mom/baby/natural childbirth friendly hospital that I want to go to so she asked her for an ob recommendation.  I also decided to just call l&d to talk to one of the nurses that I had with a doula client who was really sweet and very supportive of natural childbirth.  Unfortunately, she only works on the weekends, but I ended up having a great talk with one of the nurses there who gave the same recommendation.  She told me exactly what I wanted to hear that this ob "really listens to her patients" that she "wants the birth that her patients want" that she is a "patient advocate who is very supportive of natural childbirth" and that "we all love here here."  It speaks volumes to me when the l&d nurses love the ob because they see the behind the scenes so I feel really great about going with their recommendation.  We are back in town so it is time for some serious nesting!!  Here is my to-do list to be completed in one week (eek!!).  I want all of this done by 37 weeks just in case I get suprised by an earlier labor!
1.  Put up the crib in our room (a friend is letting us borrow one and we got to paint it pink!)...wash bedding and setup bed.
2.  Wash carseat cover, swing cover, and bouncy seat cover
3.  Install carseat base in van (shaun)
4.  Paint changing table pink (another friend is letting us use theirs too and we get to paint it pink too)-shaun will do this for me too :)
5.  Buy newborn diapers and sensitive wipes and a changing pad cover and setup changing table
6.  Wash and fold newborn clothes (yay!!!)
7.  Pack labor bag and hospital bag (will do a post later about what I'm packing in my labor bag)
8.  Birth playlist for music during labor
9.  Buy snacks and juice for labor
10.  Thank you notes!
Okay I think that is everything.  I just have to remind myself that all we really need is a few gowns, lots of newborn diapers/wipes, my boobs, receiving blankets, nursing pads and burp cloths for those first few weeks anyways :).  Now I better go start on this list while I still have a little energy!    

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Wow, just catching up on the doctor thing! That is so exciting that you found someone that L&D nurses love. You're right...it says so much. My 3rd OB (phew, finally right?) was like that. All of the L&D nurses loved him, really respected him, got along with him, and felt like he cared about patients! I hope you love your new OB!

Good luck with that to do list! :)