Dear Sweet Kate,
I can tell you are getting so much bigger now. Your movements are getting really strong, and my belly is getting huge. I can't believe we are going to be meeting you in ten weeksish or less...wow!! And I still can't believe you are a girl. We are going to have so much fun together. I can't wait for all of the pink and playing kitchen and princesses :).
I had lots of plans for the last two months of this pregnancy. I was planning on moving your brother to another room and making a very pink and girly nursery for you. I was planning on getting all fixed up and taking some much needed belly shots (I really hope to still do this but we will have to see). But everything changed about a week ago when your daddy lost his job out of nowhere. This has been one of the hardest (if not the hardest) weeks of our lives. We've had to make some very difficult decisions including putting our house on the market. And so I sit at 30 weeks pregnant with you, and I have no idea where I'm bringing you home to?! My emotions have been all over the place and so have your daddy's, but we know that God is faithful (you and Henry are testaments to that!) and that gives us a lot of comfort. When I'm having a "moment," you sometimes will give me a nice kick, which turns my tears into smiles. Shaun and I have talked so much about how grateful we are that we have you and Henry. We couldn't imagine going through this without y'all to make us smile and to help us remember what really is important. Kate, you are such a blessing already in our lives. We love you so much!! It really doesn't matter if you have a fancy going home outfit or a pink nursery...you aren't really going to care are you? Well then I'm not going to either. Can't wait to hold you tight and to take care of you and to give you a million kisses.
Love you,
Mommy
Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Oh Courtney, this was such a beautiful letter to your sweet girl! She will cherish it later. I'm so terribly sorry about your husband's job. Praying he finds something soon so you can have your dream nursery. But you're right, she won't care one way or the other--she'll just be glad to finally be in her mama's arms. Please let me know if I can do anything for you.
Courtney, so sorry to hear about Shaun's job but you are so right about our God being a big God. If He could give us all our miracles He can certainly sort out a job. Can you move in with family?
So glad Kate is perfect and doing well - I'm sure Henry is still talking (preaching!) up a storm?
Courtney, I am so sorry to hear that, you and your family will be in my prayers. Please email me if you need ANYTHING! kphillips111@gmail.com
Praying for you dear! I can't imagine how scary this must be right now. I know you are wondering what the world God up to. Please let me know if you need anything - and if you are looking for a pretty coming home dress - I probably have something you can use. :) Love you!
it's good to hear from you!:) sorry about shaun's job...can't imagine the emotions you're having. i pray that an answer will come regarding your future home, his future job, etc. still so excited for you and your little kate! countdown is on!
Oh no- I am so sorry to hear about Shaun's job! Beautiful letter, though. You definitely know what's important! I'll pray something comes along for Shaun SOON!!
Courtney, such a beautiful letter to your precious baby girl. You are such a great mom. I know this time has to be trying for you, but God has great plans for your family. We will be praying for peace and smooth transitions for your family.
Oh goodness. I'm so sorry to hear about Shaun's job. I know you're family is amazing and you've overcome so much and will overcome this as well. You, Shaun, Henry and Kate all are a part of God's plan and like you said, He will take care of you.
This was a beautiful post to your sweet Kate. And you're right, she will never care or remember about her nursery, but she will remember and always feel the love from her parents!
Prayers to your family.
Post a Comment