We took Henry to the dr on Friday since he develped a fever after I had the flu. I did not like this doctor at all (our usual ped was off on Friday). I felt like I had to pull information out of her, and she didn't seem to know what she was doing. Henry's swine flu test came back negative, but she said we could give him tamiflu, but she wasn't sure what to do. Apparently they have authorized some emergency dosages of tamiflu for babies as young as 3 months. I did not feel comfortable at all giving him tamiflu because from what I have read they typically don't give it to babies younger than a year old. I just felt like she wasn't researched or confident at all. We absolutely adore our ped so maybe I was just comparing her to him. The good news is though that Henry's fever was gone yesterday, and he seems to be doing great! Thank you for all of your prayers of protection over our sweet little guy. I was going to be a disaster if he had it because I know how bad I felt.
Henry is such a little character already. We just got out this baby einstein play tunnel out for him (got it as a baby present), and he adores it! He kicks so hard and just looks around at all of the toys and pictures. Shaun calls it his "man cave" lol. He loves his daddy and especially enjoys when his dad plays the guitar for him. Henry has several different smiles, but my favorite is when he smiles and turns his head like he is being shy. It is precious!! We have enjoyed being stuck at the house all together for five days. We really needed this down time. I hope to post some new pics and video soon so stay tuned!
Sunday, November 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Wow! What a relief!!!!
whew! so glad your little man is feeling better! :)
So glad it isn't swine flu and he seems to be getting better.
Oh thank goodness! So glad to hear Henry is flu free! And good for you with going with your gut when seeing the other pedi! Gotta do what you feel most comfortable with!
Post a Comment