Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Party Planning and Other Random thoughts...

Party planning for Henry's first birthday is officially underway!  I'm now staring at way too many rubber duckies and ribbon and decor in my office.  I really wasn't going to go overboard with the first birthday, but I guess I can't help myself.  I'm so emotional/sentimental about making it to this milestone.  My baby is growing up.  It is so fun and sweet and sad all at the same time!  Can't wait to share pics of the bday party (which I just realized is only TEN days away!!).

I'm about to ovulate.  Got a positive opk yesterday, and Shaun and I got together this morning.  Still holding out hope for a "surprise" pregnancy but planning on going back to the RE in the near future.

Just accomplished observing a 12 hr lamaze childbirth education class for my doula training.  Yes you read that right...I'm going to be a doula!  For those of you who don't know, a doula is a trained labor support person who stays with the mom from (at least) active labor through the first latch with breastfeeding.  This really deserves its own post, but I'm very excited about becoming a doula!

Henry just woke up from his morning nap so I have to go, but he is changing so much right now and acting more and more like a little pre-toddler.  He loves to push the garage door button to open it for his daddy in the morning, and he gave Shaun the most precious are-you-proud-of-me look this morning when he pushed it!!  It was sooooo cute :).



 

8 comments:

Janet said...

Isn't it weird that our babies aren't really babies anymore? Everyday I look at my girls and can't believe that they are more like toddlers than a baby. I can't wait to see pictures of Henry's party.

andie said...

OMYGOSH!!!!!!!!!! send me an invite please!!!!! and it's okay to go overboard! your baby is one! i can't believe it.

and i want you to be my doula. haha. seriously.

I MISS YOU!

Robin said...

Becoming a doula sounds very exciting! I think you would be a great person to do that job, too.. :) Congratulations on making this decision.

Let me give you one tip about the first birthday party- Try to assign someone to take pictures and/or video for you. It will be too much for you guys to try to do it all and you don't want to worry about the moments being missed.

Phillips Family said...

Congrats on training to be a doula!!!!!!! I would love to look into that myself, I am a birth knowledge junkie! Can't wait to see how Henry's party turns out.

Mary Beth said...

Courtney, you would be the BEST doula! Your kind and gentle spirit would be so welcomed in the delivery room. I'm so excited for you!

Bristelle said...

Congrats on working to become a doula! How exciting!

WOW, Henry's turning 1!! Time sure does fly... Enjoy going overboard!

Alison said...

So sweet. Isn't planning the party fun - and sad, too. I know.

If I have another baby will you come all the way to Atlanta to be my doula. Love it. You will be excellent.

Will be praying for #2. God works in mysterious ways and I wouldn't put it past Him to totally surprise you. :)

Michelle said...

Wow, a post full of so much excitement!

First, an almost 1 year old! WOW!

Then, sending you so much baby dust that a surprise BFP is in your future and you end up being blessed again, but easily this time!

And YAY for becoming a doula! OMG! That is soooo exciting! I'm actually meeting with my probable doula next week. She's a student (although older and she's been a L&D nurse for 15 years), but I'm so excited to share my experience with her! WOW...yay! Please give details on this..so amazing and exciting!