Sunday, August 23, 2009

He Shoots....He Scores!

I always heard that being a new parent was messy, but I had no idea just how messy things could really get! Like the day my milk came in...holy cow (literally), milk was going everywhere, and Henry and I were covered from head to toe! Or that first meconium diaper...it was like tar! The creole mustard seed breastfeeding diapers (might pass on the mustard next time I have a n.ewks chicken salad sandwich), somehow I manage to get that poop on my hand all of the time! And with a little boy...you must be ready at any second for a big spray. Last Tuesday, we got home from my first outing with Henry (breastfeeding consultation), and thanks to the green stripe on his pamper swaddlers...I knew he needed a diaper change. I was curious if it was just a pee diaper or if I needed to take his socks off to get down and dirty so I decided to take the tiniest little peak. Just as soon as I opened his diaper, a big stream of pee went flying up in the air and landed perfectly in between the opening of my v-neck shirt and subsequently all down my chest. Our boy has perfect aim! Guess we won't be needing those cheerios in the toilet when it is potty training time!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

LOL!!!!!!! I remember that all too well when my son was a newborn!!! :) :) Luckily they stop after a few weeks...or at least mine did! hehehe!

Nichole said...

Courtney,

These photos are beautiful! Congrats - I will be looking forward to following your new journey!

Lindsey said...

haha...love your stories, Courtney!

Richelle & Mike said...

I think this blog is a great idea! Definitely put a smile on my face. Henry is adorable Courtney! You truly are blessed!

The Dettling's said...

You should have seen your brother change that first meconium diaper for James! After the section, he was fully responsible for diaper duty the first few days. I laughed so hard I thought my stitches were going to rip apart!

Bernardeena said...

Oh yes I am definitely getting used to the joy now of having a baby boy with a fully loaded water pistol! He is still catching us out occasionally, but you do get wise to them quickly. As for the firing milk some of us are just blessed to have plenty so it often gets shared with the surrounding furniture if Noah pulls off. All fun though!

Loving the new blog and your pictures are gorgeous.