Dear Henry,
On this day a year ago, your dad and I were anxiously awaiting to meet you. For nine months, you were in my belly and even though we knew we would get to meet you....it almost seemed like a dream. I can remember a quiet moment in the delivery room right before it was time for you to be born that it finally hit your dad and I that you were going to be here. It was no longer going to be just the two of us, and we couldn't hold back the happy tears. I don't know that you will ever understand how much you are loved and how much you were wanted. Henry, you are the answer to our prayers. You are our miracle from God. I will never forget when I saw your face for the first time. I felt like I knew you immediately. All of the waiting and tears, it all made sense when I looked into your eyes. You were so alert and wide awake taking in the new world around you and all of our family and friends at the hospital couldn't believe how you were just looking around checking everything out. It makes me laugh now looking back at the videos and pictures from your birth day because that is so you. You are always taking in the world around you. As a newborn at 2 AM, you would rather look around and talk than sleep. Now as a one year old, you don't wake at 2 AM anymore (yay!), but you are constantly pointing out to us things that you see and hear. We love that about you. You are showing us so many things that we started to not notice before you were here. Every morning, you want me to open the blinds so that you can look outside while you eat breakfast. I always say, "wow! it is a beautiful day," and you make the cutest sigh. I never realized how many beautiful weather mornings that we actually have until I started saying that to you everyday. Or how many birds hang out around our house now that you point them out to me. Or how many people actually wear hats! You are teaching us to look at the world through your eyes, and it is such a beautiful creation. But the most beautiful (or handsome) creation of all...is you! You get your adorable looks from your daddy. And your dimples from me :). I love your sweet eyelashes, and your precious smile. I can't believe how much you have grown in a year. Last year, you were so tiny and now you are starting to look more like a toddler than a baby. You are the cutest, most sweetest, precious little boy! I'm so blessed to be your mom and to get to take care of you. I love you more than words can express.
Love,
Mommy
9 comments:
Courtney, this letter is so sweet! Henry is lucky to have you as his mommy!! Happy birthday Henry!!!
Just beautiful!
He is indeed a gift straight from God and what a handsome little chap!
I love your letters to him and your updates :)
Happy Birthday, Henry
Beautiful letter!
AND i'm crying.
Courtney,
This letter to Henry is sooooooooooo sweet!!!! I'm so glad that you got your dream come true with little Henry! I so love reading your blog because I can see your love for him pouring through your writing. May God continue to bless you and your family!!!!!!
Happy Birthday Henry and Happy Birth Day Mommy! Can't wait to read all about his celebration!
i love your blog Courtney God really blessed me to have me run into you today at Wal-mart. It is such a sweet blessing to have a little one. God knows the plans for all of us. I would love to be able to get together and hang out sometime. Thanks for letting me know about your blog.
So sweet. This will mean so much to him. Thanks for sharing with all of us and how blessed is Henry to be SO loved!
Post a Comment