Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Lazy or Enjoying life

blogging from my backyard again while henry sleeps in his outdoor swing (he has an ear infection and won't sleep laying down...never knew how bad an ear infection could be...wow. poor guy.):  Currently there are enough cherrios to fill up an entire bowl of cereal on my kitchen floor, laundry on our love seat, laundry in the washer waiting for the dryer, and no dinner is prepared (yet...i am going to make spaghetti and salad). I sometimes question whether I'm being lazy (not doing my job) or because i dont stress about having the perfect house, I'm able to enjoy life with henry and shaun.  I know there are a lot of sahms that clean in the evenings (like kitchen and laundry), but i find myself in my pjs as soon as henry is in the bed for the night, and i pretty much refuse to do anything productive in the evening. shaun and i eat dinner and watch our fav shows, and the only thing productive you might see us do is to take our plates to the sink (and maybe some couponing).  i thrive on down time.  I like to chill, visit, eat slowly...does this make me lazy?  Maybe it does but for now the cherrios are going to stay on the floor, and im just going to sit here and watch Henry sleep.

5 comments:

Bristelle said...

I am right there with you! Enjoy your baby and your husband! There are lots of things in life that seem important. Really, many of them can wait. You'll never be able to get these times back.

Marcia (123 blog) said...

I love it!

You are my inspiration because I'm the exact opposite - I have to put in my planner "relax and read for 30 minutes" otherwise I'll never chill :)

Seriously, I am inspired!

I say if it doesn't bother you or Shaun, who cares???

Janet said...

No you are not lazy you are a MOM!!! I think that it is great that you are relaxed enough to let the cereal stay on the floor and just enjoy every moment with Henry and Shaun.

Cheerio's will become a part of your life. I actually was going through the drive thru at starbucks on my way to work yesterday and I pulled out what I thought was a nickel in the bottom of my purse...nope, it was a cheerio!

Phillips Family said...

I am right there with ya! Except I put my pj's on as soon as I walk in the door!

I have lightened up a ton in the past few months...I have realized that Carson is growing so fast and I don't want to miss it and be worried about housework.

You have the right attitude!

Lisa said...

Oh I TOTALLY thrive on down time too! There's nothing better then chilling at home with my hubby and just watching TV in the evenings! I don't think it makes us lazy at all...just able to enjoy the little things in life!