Sunday, March 7, 2010

"Well you never know"

Lately, I've been told by many "well....you never know," in reference to the fact that sometimes a couple can have infertility problems the first time but then can subsequently have a surprise pregnancy.  And since we aren't preventing...well they are right, I guess we don't really know....stranger things have happened when two people get together on a regular basis ;).  On one hand, it is an encouraging and happy thought that it is possible that we could never have to find ourselves trying to conceive in a doctor's office again and would instead enjoy hearing the "you do know how that happens" comments.  But on the other hand, it means that I have to have this tiny little nagging thought in the back of my brain that it is possible that I could be pregnant or have two close together in age.  I don't think about it too much because I really feel that we will continue to have a difficult time conceiving (endometriosis/high fsh/poor ovulation), but at the same time we all know that God can do anything.  For my readers who have been with me from the beginning, you know how addicted I was/am to peeing on sticks.  If it wasn't an ovulation predictor kit test (by the way for those who are trying...answer ovulation test strips pack of 20 were my fav)...it was a pregnancy test way too early at like 8 days past ovulation.  I pretty much couldn't help myself and spent way too much money on tests.  Well I must confess that recently I had the urge again to take a test.  It just hit me all of a sudden in my bathroom because I've been dealing with frequent urination issues lately (mind automatically jumps to pregnancy instead of UTI!).  I searched and searched through my bathroom cabinets.  There were NO new tests (I know...shocking).  But I did find some positive pregnancy tests from when I found out I was pregnant with Henry (I can't throw them in the trash...they are too pretty to look at) so I did what any normal infertile person would do, and I peed on the old stick.  The second line didn't get any darker so I called it a negative and went about my day/week/month.  I just felt the need to get that off my chest so thanks for listening.  Hi my name is Courtney and I'm a POAS addict.

8 comments:

Lisa said...

:) Ha ha ha

Alison said...

laughing... too funny.

Also, you don't ever know. I didn't have your struggles, but we were about to head to the OB after a year of trying with my Charlotte and I got pregnant. So... we weren't too concerned the second time around and you know all too well what happened. That is why my two are 15 months apart. And now, I wouldn't have it any other way. :)

Lisa said...

LOL.

I have a little nagging hope in the back of my head, too. I will never again prevent pregnancy unless I end up being Duggar-rific!

Bristelle said...

You are too funny! I hope you find yourself in a "I can't believe I'm pregnant" position sometime, but hopefully it will be when you feel a little more prepared for it!! Although, as we know too well, HIS plan is the best plan.

Kate said...

as a fellow POAS-aholic, this cracked me up!

& we're a "you never know" story, about to have a 3rd little goober barely a year after the boys... God works in mysterious ways!

andie said...

you really are a POAS addict! but you are also the best VW around! haha. i am POAS in about oh...2 hours! i'll let you know how it goes!

Amanda said...

lol! love it! i guess it just never leaves. :)

i think you should keep those positive pregnancy test. tape them in henry's baby book, or start a little memory box of some sort. it will be cool for him to see when he's older too.

The Dettling's said...

I shouldn't say anything, but did get a nice big smirk on my face with this one! I love you, and am so happy to have sweet little Henry as my nephew! You know I've heard WAY TOO MANY times to count..."You do know how this happens, RIGHT?!?!"